Government Assistence

Various Canadian Government agencies regulate mortgages in Canada.

·         The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) provides information that assists potential home buyers with a step by step to buying a home. They also regulate the minimum down payment required to qualify for mortgage insurance.
·         The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers first time home buyers assistance in the form of a tax credit to help with the down payment for qualifying Canadian homes.
·         The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) provides information on important aspects of mortgages and how to choose a mortgage that is right for you as well as a tool that can calculate your mortgage payments.
To access this information please click on the corresponding paragraph.
FCAC provides important information that can help you make sure that you get the mortgage that best suits your needs.